Melissa Miller Portfolio
Specialization in 312 & 313 Agreements:
Right of Way Transactions:
- 2003 - Secured transmission easements for 37-mile transmission line for Brazos Wind Farm in 6 months
- 2010 - Oversaw transmission easements for 10-mile transmission line for the Golden Spread Panhandle Wind Ranch
- 2011 - Oversaw transmission easements for 40-mile transmission line for the Spinning Spur & Spinning Spur Two Wind Projects
Real Estate Transactions:
- 2008–2009 - Negotiated University of Texas Lands Board Approved Lease for 20,000 acres
- 2010 - Oversaw the negotiation of all leases and easements for the Golden Spread Panhandle Wind Ranch
- 2011 - Oversaw the negotiation of all leases and easements for the Spinning Spur Wind Project
- 2012 - Oversaw the negotiation of all leases and easements for the Spinning Spur Wind Two Project
Federal Aviation Administration Permitting:
- 2010 - Resolved FAA permitting issues for the Golden Spread Panhandle Wind Ranch
- 2011 - Resolved FAA permitting issues for Spinning Spur Wind Project
- 2012 - Permitted FAA for Spinning Spur Two Wind Project
Due Diligence Management for Closings; Title ProForma Management:
- 2010 - Managed all Title, Environmental, Real Estate and Permitting for the GSPWR Transaction
- 2011 - Managed all Title, Environmental, Real Estate, Interconnection & Permitting for the Spinning Spur Wind Transaction
- 2012 - Managed all Title, Environmental, Real Estate, Interconnection & Permitting for the Spinning Spur Two Wind Transaction
Local Economic Development:
- 1995-2000 - Owner, HOPE (Helping Out to Protect our Environment) Enterprises. Developed HOPE Enterprises to provide cause-related marketing services for environmental campaigns through team building, marketing, fundraising and public outreach.
- 1997-1999 - Development Director, Lone Star Chapter, Sierra Club. Oversaw and managed fundraising efforts for the Texas Sierra Club's state office and for the 17 local groups within Texas that represented the Sierra Club.
- 2000-2002 - Field Director for Congressman Lloyd Doggett. Community Relations Manager with the responsibility of developing, maintaining & broadening contact with groups, communities and opinion leaders in the District of Travis County.
- 2004 – 2007 - Executive Director for the Austin Independent Business Alliance, an organization dedicated to promoting the intrinsic and economic value that local businesses bring to a community